The Royal Treatment: A Natural Approach to Wildly Healthy Pets
By Dr. Barbara Royal
In this scientific guide to animal needs, renowned veterinarian Dr. Barbara Royal presents her groundbreaking treatment methods that will do wonders for your pet’s health and happiness.
Take care of your pet naturally!
- Functional nutrition and diet recipes
- Commercial pet food: recognizing the good, the bad, and the unhealthy
- How diet and protein levels specifically affect your pet’s health and behavior
- Judicious use of herbs and medicines
- How to detect if your pet is feeling pain and where
- Noninvasive, nonsurgical treatments for genetically flawed hips and other arthritic joints
- How to know if your pet is happy
- How to clean your dog’s, cat’s, or rabbit’s ears—the right way!
- Pet supplements explained
- Which vaccines to give or not give your pet
- Evolutionary insights into your pet’s behavior
- Getting your new puppy off to a perfect start
- How acupuncture works
- Geriatric wellness and end-of-life care
These pages shimmer with ingenious advice that combines common sense with holistic medicine and the best of modern science. A passionate, dedicated, and innovative veterinarian with a background in zoo and wildlife medicine, Dr. Royal empowers animal lovers to lift their pets into a realm of natural health and happiness that will be palpable from shiny coat to bouncy step.